The Virginia Ready Mixed Concrete Association’s 2018 Best of the Best Class gathered for Session One of the program on Thursday, April 5th and Friday, April 6th. The session took place in Charlottesville, VA and focused on the Myers-Briggs Assessment. The test helps individuals better understand how they see the world around them and ultimately make decisions.
It also served as a kick-off for the seven-month program that aims to provide participants with an opportunity to build leadership skills, develop a diverse business network, meet legislative leaders, become an advocate for their profession, and prepare for challenges facing the future of the ready mixed concrete industry.
This year’s class – announced on Friday, March 16th – includes:
- Rob Kraker, Plant Automation Specialist with Vulcan Materials Co., Herndon VA
- Mac McWane, Director of Safety with Boxley, Blue Ridge, VA
- Daniel Peabody, Project Manager with Superior Concrete, Washington DC
- Matthew Swope, Sales Representative with Swope & Assoc., Charles City VA
- Tony Thomas, SOVA Sales Representative with Titan America, Norfolk VA
- Anthony Washington, Dispatcher/Order Taker with Capital Concrete Inc., Norfolk VA
Up next will be a meeting in Washington DC later in May that will focus on advocacy and government relations!